Thinking of Vanuatu and curious about the blue lagoons? Here are the basics and a video from one of our team’s recent trip
Like most of the South Pacific nations, Vanuatu consists of a number of islands. One of the most visited of these islands is Efate Island. It’s not only home to the country’s capital, Port Vila, but also home to one of the best blue lagoons in the world.
So it makes sense to take a day (or half day) trip and head out of the bustling capital city Port Vila and check out the stunning Vaunatu Blue Lagoon.
Here are 6 quick facts to help in your planning:
- Blue Lagoon is located next to the sea making it uniquely salty at high tide and fresh at low tide
- It’s about a 90 minute drive from Port Vila to the Blue Lagoon
- The best ways to get there are:
- hire a car
- go on an arranged tour
- arrange a driver to take you
- Locals own the lagoon and will charge about 500 Vatu (about $7) per adult and 300 Vatu (about $4) for children below the age of 12 for the day
- There are bathrooms, picnic areas and a small cafe / restaurant on site
- There are no life guards on duty, although there are staff keeping an eye on everything, so it’s important adults keep a close eye on their kids