SAFER, MORE EFFECTIVE MALARIA PROTECTION FOR FAMILIES TRAVELLING TO MALARIA INFECTED AREAS
Malarone has now been launched in Australia in a children’s formulation and is the first ever malaria tablet designed just for kids. It is also licensed in the USA, Denmark and also has become increasingly available in Europe.
Key benefits of the Children’s formulation of Malarone include:
- Small, easy to swallow tablets that are film coated and therefore don’t taste bitter
- Tablets can be crushed for small children
- Simple, once daily dosage starting just the day before travel
- Tablets can be discontinued just 7 days after leaving
- 98% efficacy against Plasmodium falciparum, the most serious form of malaria
- Extremely low risk of side effects
Despite the growth of travel to Africa generally, many families have held back from going there on account of fear of malaria or reluctance to expose their children to possible side-effects of medication. The launch of a children’s formulation of Malarone will open up new opportunities for families wishing to travel to Africa, enabling them to do so with much greater safety and peace of mind.
It is essential you check with your GP or visit a traveller’s medical centre.
The above information is supplied for general use only.